Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Beauty Tip for Every Bride and non-Bride

For the past 6 months, I’ve been battling acne. Acne happens in your 30s? Yes, it does. I guess it’s payback time for all those years in high school and college when acne wasn’t a problem. Whether it’s a hormonal or stress thing, I’ve decided to win the war on acne by using two products. They’ve worked for me like a miracle and I hope they work for you as well:

200

“Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Dry Skin Formula Soap”. This soap worked miracles for me. Costs about $2 bucks at your local drugstore. I’d try the travel size first to test it on your skin. Be sure to test test on your skin first. Try it on your wrist or ankle for any reactions. There is also a regular formula available if you're not prone to dry skin.

200-pore

The second product that I’ve used in conjunction with the soap is the “Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent, Salicylic Acid Acne Medication.” Costs about $4-5 bucks. It may come across a little strong so be sure to test this oil astringent on your wrist or ankle first. Use only a small amount because it is a little on the strong side because of the salicylic acid content of 2%. After washing your face with the soap, get a cotton ball and wipe some on your face, but avoid your eye area, since the solution is strong. It has a smell like alcohol, but you get used to it.

I’m not a beauty queen and don’t ever think I’ll be one, but there is always beauty inside everyone one of us – no matter what size, shape, or race. Ultimately, we all want to be one, though on our wedding day!

No comments: