Ah, the wedding registry! If you've ever had to put one together, it can be both fun and nerve wrecking simply because there are so many things to consider. But before you bonkers, let me give you a few tips to remember.
1) First think of the essentials like dinnerware and linens. This is best done with an exhaustive list.
2) Register at places that make the lists easily accessible. I personally love stores like Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. It's best to limit the list to a few stores because when there are too many stores, you won't be able to keep track of the things you've chosen.
3) Keep the list manageable so that you actually do get what you want.
4) Share the list with your fiance and see if it is realistic. You may end wanting so many things that it will end up sitting in the closet forever.
5) Identify things that you absolutely want to have, but be sure to consider the prices. We don't want to break etiquette here. For example, the Cuisinart® PartyPop Popcorn Maker would definitely be on my list:
via Sur La Table
Among other things in the "want" list, coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave, and food processor. These are appliances that you will surely use!