Yes, these are drastic but guaranteed not to leave you broke:
1) Hold the ceremony and reception in a park - this can be your community recreation center or even a public park
2) Get your friends and family to chip in with the food - have a potluck party!
3) Have an ice cream and dessert table or a pie party instead of one big cake or if you still want to have one cake, make your own and decorate it with edible flowers
4) Instead of a white gown that can cost a bundle, have a simple white dress that you can wear as a party dress. If the wedding is on a beach, wear a flowing sun dress in white. The look can be just stunning and stylish!
5) Don't tux it! Just wear a chic navy blue suit and a sharp tie! Grooms - get a good haircut! This can make a big difference.
6) Instead of sending actual paper invites, send them out via online invitations or if you are truly daring, just text it.
7) Get married on a weekday. A Thursday or Friday can save you major $$$$.