Friday, July 15, 2005

Plump and juicy

Stay together, grow old together, get fat together? I've pretty much managed to weigh the same all my life (i.e., from college till now), but now that I'm pushing into the 30 and above club - I think my metabolism is slowly acting like it wants to be in Hawaii. It's like it wants a slower pace of life - downing pina coladas all the time. While I've tried to enjoy food and still watch what I eat, I'm afraid that in 10 years, I probably will not be able to fit into my wedding gown anymore. A close friend of mine once said the I need to watch out for creeping weight (e.g., if you gain a pound every year - in 30 years you'll be 30 lbs. heavier). Scary thought! Even worse. When I see thin married women with kids, I often wonder if that's really natural or are these women just really diligent at keep fit? Though I am hardly a waif, but neither zaftig, I noticed that through the years, once people get married, that husbands and wives seem to expand at a parallel pace. It's been rare for me to see one spouse stay thin, while the other expands. In the end, I guess it does not really matter whether I gain a pound, or may be two times five more as long as I can stay healthy and live long - happily married at that:)

On a side note, my fav foods are:

sushi, thin-crust pizza with just the right amount of pepperoni, Mcflurries (yeah, they're really fattening), and of course, Godiva chocolate (if you're going to eat chocolate, it might as well be worth the calories!), Cape cod vinegar chips

You Are Rocky Road Ice Cream
Unpredictable and wild, you know how to have fun.
You're also a trendsetter who takes risks with new things.
You know about the latest and greatest - and may have invented it.
You are most compatible with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: